Liverpool News Summary: Done Deal, Injury Update, Players Set to Leave

      Comments Off on Liverpool News Summary: Done Deal, Injury Update, Players Set to Leave

Done Deal: Liverpool Fianlised Transfer of 26-year-old Forward

Southampton have confirmed the signing of Liverpool FC forward Danny Ings on a season-long loan deal.

The 26-year-old former Burnley forward has endured a tough time with the Merseyside Reds since joining them back in 2015, with a series of injuries resulting in him making only 14 Premier League appearences.

Crystal Palace and Cardiff City were among the sides to have shown interest in former England international forward over the summer, however, the Saints have now secured his signature on a loan deal with an option to make his switch permanent next season for £20m.

“There was significant competition for Danny, with a lot of clubs keen to complete a deal for him, so we’re clearly delighted that he chose to join us,” said Southampton manager Mark Hughes.

“We have admired him for some time now, not only for his ability, but also his character and personality, which we feel will be an ideal fit in our dressing room. He’s obviously a local boy, who gives us another excellent option up front.

“He didn’t get to play as much as he would have liked at Liverpool, but he has been injury-free for some time now and has a real point to prove.

“It’s a great boost for us on the eve of the season to bring another quality player into the squad, and we’re excited about what he can bring to the group.”

Danny Ings has found back of the net 38 times in 122 league games for the Clarets, including 11 in 35 in the Premier League.

Klopp Confirms £39m Summer Signing Could Miss West Ham Utd Clash

Liverpool head-coach Jurgen Klopp has revealed that summer signing Fabinho has picked up illness ahead of Liverpool’s season opener clash against West Ham United.

The 24-year-old Brazilian midfielder has completed a £39million move from Ligue 1 giants AS Monaco to Merseyside Reds at the end of May and Fabinho has got some minutes under his belt for the Reds during the pre-season tour.

The versatile midfielder picked up a knock in training earlier this week, however, scans on the injury came back clear.

However, Brazilian midfielder is a serious doubt for Sunday’s clash with the Hammers after it was confirmed that he has picked up separate illness.

New arrivals goalkeeper Naby Keita, Xherdan Shaqiri and Alisson are all expected to feature against Manuel Pellegrini’s men.

‘The [Fabinho’s] scan was clear. It was only a check-up and the scan was clear, but he felt ill when he came back so we sent him home again,’ Klopp said at his press conference on Friday.

‘Obviously he was not feeling really well so we sent him home again and I didn’t see him so far and I didn’t ask anybody, so we will see.

‘We will see about the England boys and Dejan [Lovren]. They are all in different shape. Trent [Alexander-Arnold] has had longer, which is good.

‘[Jordan] Henderson is full of power but hasn’t been back long. It’s Hendo though, you always think about him. Dejan is unavailable for the weekend.’

Jurgen Klopp Confirms Several Players Set to Leave Liverpool

Liverpool head-coach Jurgen Klopp has acknowledged that it is “clear” that several player set to leave the club this summer.

The Merseyside Reds have spent over £160m on four additions ahead of the new campaign, leaving the German goalkeeper with a well-populated first-team squad.

However, Liverpool head-coach Jurgen Klopp has confirmed to reporters at a press conference that several loan spells will be finalised before the end of the August.

One of Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius could potentially be allowed to move to another club, following the high competition in the goal.

Serbian winger Lazar Markovic is expected to depart to a side in Europe, while a number of EFL outfits are weighing up an approach for talented winger Sheyi Ojo.

Meanwhile, Liverpool and Chelsea target Christian Pulisic is not for sale this summer amid interest from Premier League giants.

The American forward has attracted interest from English teams Liverpool and Chelsea, who is stalling over a new deal in Germany.

The USA international forward has two years left on his current deal, but talks over new terms have halted and Dortmund are determined to avoid a repeat of Polish centre-forward Robert Lewandowski’s free transfer to Bayern Munich in 2014.