Arsenal vs Vorskla
Arsenal’s journey in the 2018-19 Europa League will start on Thursday night, with the Gunners welcoming Ukrainian outfit Vorskla Poltava to the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal reached the semi-finals of the competition last season before losing to Atletico Madrid and are the overwhelming favourites to beat a team that finished third in the Ukrainian Premier League last season.
Arsenal predicted Xl: Leno, Monreal, Mustafi, Holding, Lichsteiner, Duendouzi, Torreira, Welbeck, Ramsey, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette
Arsenal injuries/ doubts: Sead Kolasinac Out / Laurent Koscielny Out / Ainsley Maitland-Niles Out/
Vorskla City Predicted XI: Shust, Perduta, Martienko, Chesnakov, Artur, Sharpar, Kravchenko, Kobakhidze, Kulach, Rebenok, Careca
Vorskla City Injuries/doubts: Denish Vasin, Vladimir Odaryuk, Yury Kolomoets
Arsenal Team News
- Three-time Europa League winner Unai Emery has already revealed he wants to win the competition with Arsenal, suggesting they will they field fairly strong teams.
- Lucas Torreira has been eased into life at Arsenal since joining over the summer and is expected to make his full debut for the club on Thursday. Bernd Leno could also debut for the Gunners.
- Stephen Lichtsteiner is another summer signing that will hope to benefit with a start here, while one of Alexandre Lacazette or Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may earn a rest here.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan has struggled for regular playing time this season and will hope to profit with some minutes against Ukranian side Vorskla.
Vorskla Team News
- Yuriy Kolomoets is a doubt and would be a big miss for Ukranian side Vorskla in attack.
- Vladimir Odaryuk and Denis Vasin are ruled out for the away side.
- Pavlo Rebenok, who can also play at left-back, will bolster the left side of the attack.
Players to watch: Lacazette & Kobakhidze
Prediction: Arsenal 2-0 Vorskla