Arsenal vs Bournemouth
Arsenal head to Bournemouth on Sunday following a morale-boosting EFL Cup draw against Chelsea.
Few, if any, predicted a weakened Arsenal side would leave Stamford Bridge with anything less than a hiding on Wednesday, but Arsene Wenger’s men secured a creditable 0-0 draw in the first leg of their semi-final.
But the Gunners must now turn their attention back to the Premier League, with the north Londoners five points off the top four heading into the weekend’s action where they face a Bournemouth side unbeaten in their last three top-flight games.
Head to Head Stats (Last 5 games)
EPL 09-09-2017 FT Arsenal 3 : 0 Bournemouth
EPL 03-01-2017 FT 1Bournemouth 3 : 3 Arsenal
EPL 27-11-2016 FT Arsenal 3 : 1 Bournemouth
EPL 07-02-2016 FT Bournemouth 0 : 2 Arsenal
EPL 28-12-2015 FT Arsenal 2 : 0 Bournemouth
Arsenal Predicted Xl: Cech, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi, Bellerin, Elneny, Xhaka, Niles, Sanchez, Ozil, Lacazette
Bournemouth Predicted XI: Begovic, Ake, Francis, Smith, Daniels, Pugh, Surman, Cook, Fraser, Mousset, Wilson
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth’s last 5 games (Premier League).
- Arsenal have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 matches against Bournemouth in all competitions.
- Bournemouth have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Arsenal are undefeated in their last 7 matches (Premier League).
- Bournemouth have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- Bournemouth have failed to win 9 of their last 10 matches (Premier League).
- Arsenal are undefeated in their last 5 matches against Bournemouth in all competitions.
Players to watch: Sanchez & Surman
Prediction: Arsenal 2-1 Bournemouth