Liverpool are yet to launch bid for 24-year-old Brazilian forward

      Comments Off on Liverpool are yet to launch bid for 24-year-old Brazilian forward

Arsenal and Liverpool are yet to launch a bid for Brazilian forward Luan and must act quickly if Arsene Wenger and Jurgen Klopp keen on to lure him in the Premier League.

The 24-year-old forward who currently plays for Brazilian club Gremio has been on the Reds’ radar all summer long as Jurgen Klopp is keen on to bolster his attacking options.

The Merseyside Reds have scouted the 24-year-old forward for several occasions in the recent months while the Arsenal have also been keen on to sign the Brazilian attacker.

However, Gremio vice-president Odorico Roman claims that there has been no approach made from Premier League.

And Arsenal and Liverpool need to decide whether to go in for Luan, with Sampdoria and Spartak Moscos having already stated their interest.

Asked about Liverpool’s reported interest, Roman said: “I do not know of any other proposal.

“We had two firm approaches, from Sampdoria and Spartak. They were made, but Luan remains as a Gremio player at the moment.”

Luan earlier this week has revealed that he will decide his future within days.

He said: “I will decide soon. My thoughts are still on Gremio.

“I saw people on social media asking me to stay.

“I know of the proposal [from Spartak], but we have to decide.

“On Thursday, I’ll speak more calmly and give you the answer.”

The 24-year-old Brazilian forward has found the net for 12 times in 23 appearances for Gremio this term, he is currently under contract in Brazil until June of 2018.