Liverpool vs Watford
Watford head into their Premier League opener against Liverpool with grand ambitions after adding a new manager and a five summer signings.
Hornets coach Marco Silva has bolstered his strike force with Richarlison and Andre Gray this week, joining Tom Cleverley, Nathaniel Chalobah, Kiko Femenia, Will Hughes and Daniel Bachmann at Vicarage Road.
While survival will once again be the key aim after finishing 17th last season, the acquisition of silva along with the bold summer outlay suggests the club are aiming higher than another relegation battle.
But Silva and his side face a real test on the opening day against Liverpool, with Jugen Klopp’s men aiming to mount a credible title challenge – despite Philippe Coutinho’s future being uncertain.
Head to Head Stats (Last 6 Matches)
EPL 01-05-2017 FT Watford 0 : 1 Liverpool
EPL 06-11-2016 FT Liverpool 6 : 1 Watford
EPL 08-05-2016 FT Liverpool 2 : 0 Watford
EPL 20-12-2015 FT Watford 3 : 0 Liverpool
EPL 13-01-2007 FT Watford 0 : 3 Liverpool
EPL 23-12-2006 FT Liverpool 2 : 0 Watford
Watford Predicted Xl: Gomes, Holebas, Britos, Prodl, Jamaat, Chalobah, Hughes, Cleverley, Capoue, Amrabat, Gray
Watford injuries/ doubts: Mauro Zárate Out / Christian Kabasele Doubtful / Troy Deeney Doubtful / Craig Cathcart Doubtful / Tommie Hoban Doubtful /
Liverpool Predicted XI: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Firmino, Salah
Liverpool Injuries/doubts: Danny Ings Out / /Lallana Out l/ Coutinho out/ Clyne Out/
- Watford have lost their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have won 8 of their last 9 matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 8 matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Liverpool have won their last 4 away matches (Premier League).
- Watford have failed to score in 5 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 matches against Watford in all competitions.
Players to watch: Mane & Gray