Liverpool vs Manchester City
Liverpool will be hoping to make some sort of amends on Sunday for the 5-0 humiliation suffered at the hands of Manchester City earlier this season.
As Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain made his Reds debut, Sergio Aguero, Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane brushed Jurgen Klopp’s men aside in September.
Since then, however, Liverpool have lost just twice and not at all since October and could climb to third or find themselves in fifth come full-time depending on the result and results elsewhere.
Head to Head Stats (Last 6 Matches)
EPL 09-09-2017 FT Manchester City 5 : 0 Liverpool1
EPL 19-03-2017 FT Manchester City 1 : 1 Liverpool
EPL 31-12-2016 FT Liverpool 1 : 0 Manchester City
EPL 02-03-2016 FT Liverpool 3 : 0 Manchester City
EFLC 28-02-2016 PEN Liverpool 1 : 1* Manchester City
EPL 21-11-2015 FT Manchester City 1 : 4 Liverpool
Liverpool Predicted Xl: Mignolet, Robertson, Van Dijk, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum, Can, Milner, Mane, Firmino, Salah
Man City Predicted XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph, Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Sane
- Man City have won 19 of their last 20 matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 16 home matches against Man City in all competitions.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 13 home matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Liverpool’s last 5 games (Premier League).
- Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches (Premier League).
Players to watch: Salah & Aguero
Prediction: Liverpool 0-3 Manchester City